GSA Automatic Renewal Program
We are pleased to offer the new GSA Automatic Renewal Program. By signing up for automatic renewal, you won’t forget to renew your GSA membership each year. Your membership benefits will continue uninterrupted until you notify us in writing to cancel. You can only enroll in the program when you join or renew your GSA membership via the online or paper application.
Sign up for GSA Automatic Renewal today! (link will direct you to the online application)
GSA Automatic Renewal Program Frequently Asked Questions
What is the GSA Automatic Renewal Program?
By enrolling in the GSA Automatic Renewal Program, the Genetics Society of America will automatically charge your credit/debit card for your full membership dues each year at the current membership category and dues rate. There is no interruption in your membership benefits.
How do I enroll in the program?
To enroll, select the GSA Automatic Renewal option in the online or paper GSA membership application. By enrolling, you are authorizing the Genetics Society of America to charge your credit/debit card each year until you let us know you wish to withdraw from the program.
What if my membership category changes?
Please notify GSA Member Services in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax to (301) 634-7079, or via US mail to Genetics Society of America, Attn: Member Services Department, 9650 Rockville Pike Bethesda, MD 20814-3998 to update your membership category. All future renewals will be at the current applicable rate for the new membership category.
What if my credit card changes or expires?
Please contact GSA Member Services at email@example.com to update your payment information. Please do NOT send your credit card information to GSA via email.
At this time, credit/debit card information cannot be changed or updated through the automatic renewal program. The automatic renewal payments can only be processed with the original credit/debit card you provided when you originally enrolled as a GSA member via the automatic renewal program.
If your credit/debit card expires or is declined, GSA Member Services will notify you via email so that we can arrange to update your payment information.
How much does it cost?
Those opting for automatic renewal will receive the lowest applicable membership fee for their membership category. There is no additional fee to participate in the GSA Automatic Renewal Program.
Is my credit card information secure?
Yes, your credit/debit card is securely stored with Authorize.Net, one of the world’s leading credit card gateways. At no time is your credit card information ever stored by GSA, and GSA staff does not have access your credit card information. Please visit Authorize.net to review their privacy statement.
How will I know when my credit card will be charged?
Your designated credit/debit card will be charged each year on or about October 3 for the next membership dues period. You will receive a payment reminder notice each year on or about September 1. The Genetics Society of America will provide prior written notice of any change in the annual membership dues rate. As a reminder, GSA membership is on a calendar year basis from January 1 to December 31.
How do I cancel the automatic renewal?
Cancellation of your automatic renewal authorization must be submitted in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax to (301) 634-7079, or via US Mail to Genetics Society of America ATTN: GSA Member Services, 9650 Rockville Pike Bethesda, MD 20814-3998. You must submit your cancellation no later than October 1 of the current membership year to avoid renewal charges for the upcoming year. Please note that any changes to automatic renewal will take effect for the next year’s membership cycle and will not be retroactive to any previous payments. No refunds will be granted for the previous year’s membership dues.
GSA Automatic Renewal Program Terms and Conditions
- By signing up for automatic renewal, you authorize GSA to charge your credit/debit card for your membership dues each year on or about October 3, for the next membership year.
- On or about September 1, you will receive an official notification from GSA detailing the membership dues fee, membership category, information and payment processing date (on or about October 3).
- You must cancel the auto renewal in writing before October 1. After this date, your credit/debit card will be automatically charged for the next year’s membership dues.
- Your membership will be renewed in the same category as the previous year, unless you have let us know otherwise prior to October 1.
- The Genetics Society of America will provide prior written notification of annual dues rate changes.
- All GSA membership terms are for calendar year (January 1–December 31), although membership renewal will generally begin in the previous fall.
- Depending upon when you initially joined GSA, it is possible that your first automatic renewal will occur in the same calendar year as your initial payment.
- You must be authorized to use the credit/debit card for the stated purpose. In the event that you are no longer authorized to use the card, you are responsible for notifying GSA Member Services of the change. You are responsible for ensuring that GSA has up-to-date and accurate billing information.
- GSA will send email notifications about pending automatic renewal charges to the primary and secondary email addresses associated with your membership. You are responsible for ensuring that the email addresses on file are current and accurate and that you are able to receive emails from GSA.
- Member dues are nonrefundable. Opting-out of automatic renewal will take effect for the next membership cycle and is not retroactive to any previous payments.
- All membership payments will be processed in U.S. dollars.