Individuals interested in organizing a workshop should review the selection criteria below and complete the online application. Workshops may be held either online in the week preceding the conference or in-person during the conference. Workshops held in person will not be streamed.
The organizers expect that the number of applications for workshops will exceed the time slots available. Because this process is competitive, the organizers strongly encourage applicants to carefully and clearly address the guidelines and submit a highly persuasive application.
- Rising and upcoming fields
- Emphasis on discussion
- Innovative formats
- Diversity of presenters and labs
- Community-building potential
- Interest to the community
Application Deadline: January 17, 2023.
Applicants will be notified of their application outcome by February 15, 2023.
- Applicants should clearly indicate why an attendee-organized workshop is an appropriate format for their topic. Importantly, workshops are not intended to serve as a de facto platform session to be held on a recurring basis.
- Platform talks have a very formal format. In contrast, workshops are intended to have more discussion and interaction. To have their workshop considered, applicants must explicitly address how their unique format will stimulate such interactions.
Examples of topics appropriate for workshops include:
- Emerging or specialized areas of research
- Community resources
- Professional development outside of GSA programming
- Other topics of general interest to the C. elegans community
Workshop organizers must independently identify individuals who wish to participate in their session. Workshop organizers will not be able to review abstracts submitted for poster or platform sessions to determine possible presenters.
- All workshop organizers, speakers, and participants must be registered for the conference.
- All workshop organizers, speakers, and participants must abide by the GSA Code of Conduct.
- Workshops held online will use GSA’s Zoom accounts. GSA staff will provide technical assistance and help host the workshops.
Submit an application