Abstract Submission is now closed. Authors will be notified about their assignments by February 15.
Unable to attend #Fungal22 in person? Your abstract will be evaluated solely based on its scientific content and relevance to this meeting and the associated topics, not your registration type. Online presentation options will be available for virtual attendees
who are selected to present.
Abstract Submission Instructions
You will need to sign in to an existing GSA account or create a new account to start your abstract submission.
If you were a GSA member or attended a GSA conference in the last five years: You already have a GSA account and can use the “forgot your password” option if needed. Because the meeting will be held in 2022, you will need to make sure you are a member for 2022 in order to receive the member discount. If you join after October 5, 2021, your membership will be valid through December 31, 2022.
If you join GSA during the submission process: You will need to wait 20 minutes and refresh your submission screen after joining in order to receive the member price.
The presenting author must register for and attend the conference either virtually or in-person. You do not need to attend in-person to be selected for a talk.
GSA members receive a discount on abstract submission and registration fees!
If someone will be paying your abstract fee on your behalf and you DO NOT have the credit card information, please stop when you get to the payment page and send that link, along with your login information, to the person with the credit card to finish your submission. You will receive an immediate email confirmation once your abstract has been submitted. Please note that submitting an abstract, and paying the associated submission fee, does not register you for the meeting. To register for the meeting and pay the associated registration fee, please visit the Registration page after October 27, 2021, when registration opens.
Before you start the submission process, ensure you have the following:
- Co-author names and institutions
- Abstract title
- Abstract text (must be fewer than 2500 characters, including line breaks and spaces)
- Your selection for the keyword and abstract submission topic
- Credit card for non-refundable abstract submission fee ($42 GSA member/$84 non-member).
Questions? You may find your answer in the Abstract Submission FAQs.
Publication of Abstracts
Abstracts selected for a presentation will be available online by February 15, 2022, which will be considered the official publication date. The full abstract text will only be available online and as a printable PDF.
Abstract Submission Rules
- By submitting an abstract, you agree to attend the meeting (either in-person or online) and present your work, regardless of the format assigned (oral or poster). We understand that plans sometimes change for unavoidable reasons, but we ask that if you cannot attend, you designate a co-author to present in your place. Abstracts cannot be withdrawn after the revision deadline of December 10, 2021.
- Presenting authors must register for the meeting by December 31, 2021. For special circumstances (e.g., funding issues), please contact email@example.com.
- Abstracts will appear online exactly as submitted; GSA staff cannot make corrections, additions, revisions, or deletions. The submitting author may make revisions and corrections via the revision program. All revisions must be made no later than the revision deadline of December 10, 2021. Please proofread your text carefully before you submit your abstract.
- All accepted abstracts will be scheduled as a poster presentation. Some abstracts will also be scheduled as an oral presentation in a concurrent session at the discretion of the Program Committees and Session Chairs.
- You must submit each abstract online and pay the non-refundable, per abstract fee of $42 Members/$84 Non-Members. To receive the member fee, the submitting author must be a 2022 GSA member. The same person may submit multiple abstracts, but a separate fee is payable for each submission. If the submitter is also the presenting author and submits more than one abstract, a secondary author must be attending and prepared to present in the case of conflicts.
- The Organizers reserve the right to decline any submitted abstracts that lack scientific content or merit, or submitted abstracts that merely announce the availability of a resource or service.
- By attending the conference, you grant GSA the right to use your photograph, name, and likeness for use in GSA educational, news, or promotional materials.
- Oral presentations will be recorded and made available for on-demand viewing through the Conference app.
- The use of cameras and other recording devices in poster sessions is strictly prohibited without express permission from the presenter or an authorized GSA representative.