The abstract submission site has closed because the meeting site is at capacity.
Abstract Submission Instructions
Submit your abstract via your GSA account.
If you were a GSA member or attended a GSA conference recently: You already have a GSA account and should use the “forgot your password” option if needed. You will need to make sure you are a member for 2024 in order to receive the member discount.
If you join GSA during the submission process: You will need to wait 20 minutes and refresh your submission screen after joining in order to receive the member price.
If you do not have an account, visit our membership page and click Create an Account. There is no fee to create a nonmember account.
The presenting author must register for and attend the conference in person.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All poster abstracts submitted, even if programmed in a concurrent session, are also expected to be presented as a poster.
GSA members receive a discount on abstract submission and registration fees!
If someone will be paying your abstract fee on your behalf and you do not have the credit card information, please stop when you get to the payment page and send that link, along with your login information, to the person with the credit card to finish your submission. You will receive an immediate email confirmation once your abstract has been submitted. Please note that submitting an abstract, and paying the associated submission fee, does not register you for the meeting. To register for the meeting and pay the associated registration fee, please visit the Registration page when registration opens.
Before you start the submission process, ensure you have the following:
- Co-author names and institutions
- Abstract title
- Abstract text (must be fewer than 2,500 characters, including line breaks and spaces)
- Your selection for the abstract’s abstract submission topic.
- Credit card for non-refundable abstract submission fee ($45 GSA member/$95 non-member).
Once you have added the presenting author, click “Add New Author” to add a collaborator.
Questions? You may find your answer in the Abstract Submission FAQs.
Abstract fee waivers are available in cases of financial hardship. To request a refund, please email the following information to Fungal24@genetics-gsa.org within two days of submission:
- Presenter’s name
- Presenter’s institution
- Presenter’s email
- Abstract number
- Principal Investigator’s name
- Principal Investigator’s email
- Details of financial need or hardship
Please note, you must submit your abstract and pay the submission fee in order to be reviewed for presentation. Fee waivers are only possible via refund. Waiver requests will be reviewed and the presenting author notified within two weeks after the request has been received.
Publication of Abstracts
Abstracts selected for a presentation will be available online by March 8, 2024, which will be considered the official publication date. The full abstract text will only be available online and as a printable PDF.
Abstract Submission Rules
- By submitting an abstract, you agree to attend the meeting and present your work, regardless of the format assigned (oral or poster). We understand that plans sometimes change for unavoidable reasons, but we ask that if you cannot attend, you designate a co-author to present in your place. Abstracts cannot be withdrawn after the revision deadline of December 6, 2023.
- Presenting authors must register for the meeting by January 25, 2024. If you do not register by this date, your presentation may be canceled. For special circumstances (e.g., funding issues), please contact Fungal24@genetics-gsa.org.
- Abstracts will appear online exactly as submitted; GSA staff cannot make corrections, additions, revisions, or deletions. The submitting author may make revisions and corrections via the revision program. All revisions must be made no later than the revision deadline of December 6, 2023. Please proofread your text carefully before you submit your abstract.
- All accepted abstracts will be scheduled at the discretion of the Organizing Committee. If an abstract is selected for an oral concurrent session, the author is still expected to display a poster at the poster session they are assigned also. You must submit each abstract online and pay the non-refundable, per abstract fee of $45 members/$95 non-members. To receive the member fee, the submitting author must be a 2024 GSA member. The same person may submit multiple abstracts, but a separate fee is payable for each submission. If the submitter is also the presenting author and submits more than one abstract, a secondary author must be attending and prepared to present in the case of conflicts.
- The Organizers reserve the right to decline any submitted abstracts that lack scientific content or merit, or submitted abstracts that merely announce the availability of a resource or service.
- By attending the conference, you grant GSA the right to use your photograph, name, and likeness for use in GSA educational, news, or promotional materials.
- Oral presentations will be recorded and made available for on-demand viewing through the Conference app.
- The use of cameras and other recording devices in poster sessions is strictly prohibited without express permission from the presenter or an authorized GSA representative.