GSA members receive a discount on abstract submission and registration fees! After joining GSA, you will need to wait 20 minutes for your member record to update and receive the member price for abstract fees. You will also need to refresh your abstract submission screen before logging in.
Join GSA Now ≫
You will need to create a new account or sign in to an existing account to start your abstract submission.
If you were a GSA member or attended a GSA conference in the last five years, you already have a GSA account and should use the “forgot your password” option.
If you join GSA during the submission process, you will need to refresh your submission screen after joining in order to receive the member price.
If someone will be paying your abstract fee on your behalf and you do not have the credit card information, please stop when you get to the payment page and send that link, along with your login information, to the person with the credit card to finish your submission. You will receive an immediate email confirmation once your abstract has been submitted.
Before you start the submission process, ensure you have the following:
- Co-author names and institutions
- Abstract title
- Abstract text (must be fewer than 2500 characters, including line breaks and spaces)
- Your selection for the abstract’s research area topic and keyword.
- Credit card for non-refundable abstract submission fee ($40 GSA member/$80 non-member).
Abstract fee waivers are available in cases of financial hardship. To request a refund, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org within seven days of submission:
- Presenter’s name
- Presenter’s institution
- Presenter’s email
- Abstract number
- Principal Investigator’s name
- Principal Investigator’s email
- Details of financial need or hardship
Please note, you must submit your abstract and pay the submission fee in order to be reviewed for presentation. Fee waivers are only possible via refund. Waiver requests will be reviewed and the presenting author notified within two weeks after the request has been received.
Publication of Abstracts
Abstracts selected for presentation will be available online by June 8, 2021, which will be considered the official publication date. The full abstract text will only be available online and as a printable PDF.
Abstract Submission Rules
- By submitting an abstract, you agree to attend the meeting and present your work, regardless of the format assigned (oral or poster). We understand that plans sometimes change for unavoidable reasons, but we ask that if you cannot attend, you designate a co-author to present in your place. Abstracts cannot be withdrawn after the revision deadline of March 26, 2021.
- Presenting authors must register for the meeting by May 5, 2021. If you do not register by this date, your presentation may be canceled. For special circumstances (e.g., funding issues), please contact email@example.com.
- Abstracts will appear online exactly as submitted; GSA staff cannot make corrections, additions, revisions, or deletions. The submitting author may make revisions and corrections via the revision program. All revisions must be made no later than the revision deadline of March 26, 2021. Please proofread your text carefully before submitting.
- All accepted abstracts will be scheduled either as an oral or poster presentation at the discretion of the Organizing Committee. Because oral presentation requests far exceed oral presentation slots, authors should be prepared to present a poster if their abstract is not selected for an oral presentation.
- You must submit each abstract online and pay the non-refundable, per-abstract fee of $40 Members/$80 Non-Members. To receive the discounted member fee, the submitting author must be a 2021 GSA member. The same person may submit multiple abstracts, but a separate fee is payable for each submission.
- The Organizers reserve the right to decline any submitted abstracts that lack scientific content or merit, or submitted abstracts that merely announce the availability of a resource or service.
- By attending the conference, you grant GSA the right to use your photograph, name, and likeness for use in GSA educational, news, or promotional materials.
- The use of cameras and other recording devices to record oral or poster presentations is strictly prohibited without express permission from the presenter or an authorized GSA representative.