ECS Diversity Subcommittee
From time to time, public policy issues arise that call for a clearly stated response from the GSA. In addition to our own letters and statements, GSA also signs on to letters drafted by policy coalitions that advocate for positions that serve the interests of the GSA community. Letters and statements are reviewed and approved by the GSA Board of Directors and/or Executive Committee before they are signed or made public.
- Dana Miller (University of Washington)
- Robert Ward (University of Kansas)
- Communicate factors that create a welcoming environment for individuals from underrepresented groups.
- Create programming that contributes to building community and mentoring networks.
- Develop mentoring program for early career members.
- Provide suggestions for creating inclusive conference environments.