Your GSA membership entitles you to a number of exclusive member benefits, including the following:
- Discounted registration and abstract fees for attending GSA conferences
- Reduced publication charges for GSA’s journals
- Individual subscription to GENETICS
- Eligibility to apply for travel grants and awards for students and postdocs to advance their careers:
- Eligibility for students and postdocs to apply for the Early Career Scientist Leadership Program
- Eligibility to apply for the GENETICS Peer Review Training Program
- Eligibility to apply for GSA Career Development Symposia Funding, which enables students and postdocs to organize local symposia
- Eligibility to nominate and be nominated for the Society’s prestigious annual awards
- Ability to nominate, run for, and vote in the election of GSA officers and directors
- Ability to serve on GSA committees
- Subscription to the GSA e-News, an email newsletter sent every two weeks that features news, resources, job listings, and other useful updates from our community.
- Subscription to the GSA Early Career Scientist Weekly (for student and postdoc members), an email newsletter featuring resources, opportunities, and job listings.
In addition, GSA members are eligible to receive discounts and special offers from GSA partners:
- Discounts on the purchase of life science reagents and antibodies from United States Biological
- 20% discount on Royal Society of Medicine membership fees for new RSM members
- Benefits available to members of FASEB member societies
As a member, you provide critical financial support for activities that GSA conducts on behalf of the genetics and model organism communities including professional development programming and advocacy for funding and policies that promote research and education in genetics.