2019 Election Ballot
Deadline to vote: 11:59 pm US EST, Sunday, December 8, 2019
We are pleased to provide information about the 2019 election ballot from the Genetics Society of America (GSA). This year’s ballot includes the election of a Vice-President (who will be President in 2021), a Treasurer (to a three-year term that will begin on January 1, 2020), and three Directors to three-year terms that will begin on January 1, 2020.
The ballot has been prepared by the 2019 GSA Nominating Committee. GSA strives to serve the entire breadth and diversity of our community, so please consider the overall composition of the Board as you cast your vote for one candidate in each section of the ballot.
We encourage you to carefully consider each candidate’s biographical sketch and candidacy statement before casting your vote. The candidate receiving the majority of votes in each section of the ballot will be elected. Winners will be announced soon after the election closes.
GSA provides the following safeguards:
- Only current GSA members who are eligible to vote are given an authorized key code.
- No one may vote more than once.
- No one can determine or duplicate anyone else’s vote.
- No one can change a vote once it has been submitted.
- After voting, each voter will receive an immediate online verification, which serves as a vote receipt.
If you need assistance, please email email@example.com or call the GSA Administrative Office at 240-880-2007.
Sincerely, 2019 GSA Nominating Committee:
Jeannie Lee, Chair (ex officio)
Erika Matunis, Secretary (ex officio)
Fernando Pardo-Manuel de Villena